Wondering Crazy for 11/18/09
By: Andrew Bilach
– Corey Taylor called me this morning and asked, “Can you feel this?” I told him, “Corey, yes, I’m dying to feel this.”
– Michael Jackson is the man. “The Way You Make Me Feel” always puts me in a great mood. It was one of the first videos I ever saw on MTV. “Faith” by George Michael was the first.
– Darius saw Them Crooked Vultures last night in Los Angeles and proceeded to give me a lecture on how they’re not a supergroup. He then sent me a text message that he was standing next to Duff McKagan, who himself was just in a supergroup. It’s funny that labeling is good when a debate arises about what’s metal and not metal, but a term like supergroup annoys people. He’ll be sending over a brief review in the next day or so. I’ll have it posted in 2014.
– Darius had a late night with his lover Josh Homme last night. “It’s pronounced ha-mee.” This really didn’t happen, but he wishes it did.
– A review will also be written by the man mentioned in the last two hyphenated blurbs on the Flaw record. I have not heard the record, so I’m not at liberty to comment. We tried contacting Lance Arny, a guitarist for the band, but he dodged our request after reading Darius’ article. Their current drummer was very cordial, though. We might ask him to speak with us in the coming weeks. You’d be hard-pressed to find a human being physically more unattractive than Lance Arny, but Through The Eyes is one of my favorite records to come out this century.
– Slayer’s new album World Painted Blood is great. If you’re a fan of the band’s catalog, you’ll be impressed with this one. Take all their previous releases, put them in a blender, and you’ll get World Painted Blood. Great, great stuff.
– I was having a conversation a few nights back with a friend who works in marketing for a movie house about the new Karate Kid movie. For those of you who don’t know, Hollywood is completely out of ideas, so they’re remaking this gem of a movie. Don’t worry, Daniel LaRusso. Your legacy will not be tarnished by this trash. “Sweep the leg.”
– If you’re a fan of indie rock, you owe it to yourself to check out Adult Nights from Wild Light. Great record. It came out this year.
– The Knicks are 1-9 and a disgrace to professional sports. I will get into this during a live show in a few weeks, and by that time, they’ll be 1-14, so there will be more ranting. They should be embarrassed to play in Madison Square Garden. Maybe Donnie Walsh and the higherups should punish them and make them play at the Nassau Coliseum. Yes, this was a dig at people that live on Long Island. They’re not fighting words, though – tough guy.
– Have any of you tried to write recently? I mean, with a pen, not typing. I think I forgot how to write. It was sad. The internet is ruining everything.
– I once took an exam with a #3 pencil. I didn’t have a problem. I still don’t know where I got this pencil.
– I didn’t enjoy the new Weezer album, and it appears I’m in the minority. That’s fine. I came up during The Blue Album, which is one of the best albums ever recorded. I knew the band was done with Rivers Cuomo decided to do a few ivy league semesters instead of releasing records. Also, check out The Rentals if you have the chance. They’re a band that featured Weezer members in the mid-90’s. If you’re looking for some catchy rock music, listen to that record.